The way we were...
The original lodge (above) was built in the 1930's and was destroyed by fire some time in the 1940's
Torbay used to be much much bigger
than it is today, in it's early days encompassing the lodge above and some
24 cottages on about 2.5 acres of land. In the image
above, taken from a post card, the caption reads
The 'first' drive-up window for a snack bar was at Torbay
"Internation Dog Team at Torbay Lodge, 7 miles north of Callander, No. 11 Highway Ont. Canada"
For some years in the 1940's there was also a Torbay restaurant downtown
View toward Lake Nipissing with original cottages (now replaced with #1 & #2) by the beach. (1960's photo). These cottages were replaced first in 1978 when #1 was built, then in 1987 #2 was constructed.
1960's photo of #4 & #5 viewed from Banner Ave. These two cottages were built in 1957. Both of the cottages have been renovated several times and both used to have 'side' doors from the kitchen to the outside.
Lakefront Cottages at Torbay
Summer view from Banner Avenue in the mid 1970's
This is the another
photo of the beach, with the old #2 cottage partially visible.
This is another shot of #2 (originally #18) from back in the 1970's
View from road to lake (1970's). Cottages by the water were later replaced, but #4 to the right still stands.
Here is a great
shot of the beach and old #1
The Office in 1990
converted to our
and then removed in 2010 as part of the severance
This is #1 cottage being removed late in 2010 to allow for the severance and new lot line between the two now separate 'halves' of Torbay
#3 in 1990
#4 in 1990
#5 in 1990
#6 in 1990
#7 / #8 in 1990
You can view more recent photos of these cottages here: view outside/inside our cottages
View our Home Page
Office 705.474.4266 email firstname.lastname@example.org